Visitors Center & Arboretum Shop Now Open!
Following a year of pandemic-related closure, the Graham Visitors Center and Arboretum Gift Shop have reopened in a limited capacity.
Opening hours for the lobby are Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The shop hours are 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the same days. Please note that due to limited staffing and volunteer availability, these hours are subject to change.
The Visitors Center restrooms are open daily, and the posted hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Access to the restrooms is from the outside only.
Health and safety measures at the Visitors Center include “one-way” entry and exiting, and enhanced ventilation. Visitors are required to wear masks inside and asked not to touch the Arboretum maps in the lobby. Shield barriers have been installed in the building, plus it is being cleaned three time a day. The lobby has a maximum capacity of 10 people at any one time.
Patio closure: Portions of the GVC patio are currently closed for maintenance. More information will be available soon.
The Arboretum is a treasured place of sanctuary and respite, even more so during such stressful times. While the Graham Visitors Center is currently closed and our normal volunteer programs and events are suspended, the Arboretum grounds remain open to the public. To slow the spread of Covid-19, the City of Seattle initially closed all of our parking lots, but these have since reopened.
Key updates & restrictions:
- All Arboretum parking lots are now open, including the Graham Visitors Center lot.
- The Graham Visitors Center is now open in a limited capacity. See box above.
- The restrooms at the Visitors Center are now open. Posted hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The restrooms at the Washington Park Playfield and Seattle Japanese Garden at the south end of the Arbortum are also open. A new composting restroom has been installed at the bus turnaround in the Pacific Connections Garden.
- Like other popular city parks, the Arboretum closes every evening at 8 p.m.
- City residents are encouraged to use their local parks and bike/walk to destination parks for their much-needed Nature RX. When you visit any public park, it’s crucial to practice social distancing and keep at least six feet from other individuals.
- Wear a mask and limit gatherings to no more than 5 people.
Help us care for the plant collection and park by following Arboretum visitor guidelines. Please don’t pick flowers, prune plants, climb trees, or step in planting beds. And keep dogs on a leash.
Gardeners: As part of the Arboretum COVID-19 response, City and UW gardening staff reduced operations to essential functions only. This included the work of the Foundation-funded arborists, who will monitor the woody plant collection for potential safety hazards. In mid-May, most of the gardeners returned to work and are following strict safety and social distancing guidelines.
Foundation staff: The Arboretum Foundation staff continues to work remotely and to focus on our mission to preserve the Arboretum. If you have any needs, questions, or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Stay healthy and safe!