Fall Plant Sale
A fundraiser for Washington Park Arboretum
September 7 to 30, 2021
Dawn Till Dusk
Graham Visitors Center
Free parking and admission
Shop without the crowds and pay online or at the Gift Shop!
25% OFF Pat Calvert Greenhouse plants (those with RED TAGS)!
Our annual fall plant sale is usually a single-day event, but this year, we want everyone to have a chance to browse our plants whenever convenient and feel safe doing so. The sale will run for three weeks, from September 7 to 30, and customers will be able to select their plants from our greenhouse and nursery and check out either onsite (during gift shop hours) or online.
The Pat Calvert Greenhouse and Plant Donations Nursery are open whenever the park is open—dawn to dusk. You are welcome to browse their selections at your leisure. Our helpful volunteers will be onsite at select hours (see below) to help you with plant selection.
Two ways to pay: 1) At any time using our new online checkout system; instructions below. 2) At the Arboretum Gift Shop, open in the Visitors Center from Wednesday to Sunday, 10:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. NOTE: The Gift Shop is still operating card and check only; we are not carrying cash.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 206-325-4510.
AT THE GREENHOUSE: A fabulous selection of young shrubs and trees propagated from the Arboretum collection.
Knowledgeable Plant People—Onsite Hours
The volunteers who run our greenhouse and nursery programs love to share their knowledge of plants and are ready to help! During the sale, volunteers will be on-site and available to answer questions during the following times:
Greenhouse volunteers: Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (September 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, and 30)
Nursery volunteers: Wednesdays, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (September 8, 15, 22, and 29)
Locating Our Plants
The greenhouse and nursery can be found just south of the Graham Visitors Center, directly behind the large greenhouse structure at the south end of the Visitors Center parking lot. From the southeast corner of the Visitors Center Parking Lot, follow the gravel path around the side of a greenhouse structure.
- The Pat Calvert Greenhouse Complex (featuring a Sunhouse and Shadehouse) will be directly in front of you as you curve around the large greenhouse structure.
- The Plant Donations Nursery is just to the southwest of the Greenhouse Complex, next to Arboretum Drive, and can also be accessed via the Visitors Center terrace.
Blue or red price tags only: You’ll see signs to help direct you to the greenhouse and nursery and to identify plants for sale. Select only plants that have red (nursery) or blue (greenhouse) price tags on them! Please do not take plants without those tags, because they might not be ready for purchase!
To pay for plants via the web, go to our online check out system (bit.ly/payforplants). Click “Pay for Plants Now,” and you’ll to be taken to a screen where you can select the color of the tag (red or blue) on your plants.
ADDING PLANTS TO YOUR CART
The online checkout feature two main items: “Pat Calvert Greenhouse RED TAG PLANTS” and “Plant Donations Nursery BLUE TAG PLANTS.”
- Select the button for either “RED TAG PLANTS” or “BLUE TAG PLANTS,” corresponding to the tag is on the plant(s) that you are buying. (You can add more than one red or blue tag plant to your cart at a time!)
- Once on the screen for Red Tag or Blue Tag plants, use the “select an option” drop-down menu to choose the price shown on your RED or BLUE tags.
- Use the + or – buttons to adjust for quantity.
- Select “Add to Cart” after EACH different price.
- To add a plant with a different colored tag to your cart, scroll to the bottom of the screen and, under “Similar Items”, click the photo link for the other plant tag option.
- The 25% discount on Pat Calvert Greenhouse plants will be reflected automatically in your cart.
- At the top right of your screen, click the shopping cart icon.
- Click the “Checkout” button (a Google or Apple Pay button may also appear as an option if you have those saved).
- Complete purchase with card information.
- Click “Place Order.”
ALL DONE! TAKE HOME YOUR NEW PLANTS!!!
For supporting the Arboretum Foundation and our volunteer plant programs with your purchases!
AT THE NURSERY: A great selection of seasonal perennials, native plants, pollinator plants, and more!
May 12, 2022
A total of 116 volunteers participated in our annual Earth Day at the Arboretum work-service event on April 23. They removed more than 50 cubic yards of ivy, blackberry, and other invasive weeds from plant collection beds and natural areas—covering a combined area of...
Apr 19, 2022
Since 2015, the invasive azalea lace bug (Stephanitis pyrioides) has been causing serious damage to azaleas and rhododendrons in our state, including in the Arboretum. A tiny aphid relative, the lace bug removes chlorophyll from Rhododendron foliage, weakening the...
Mar 18, 2022
Beautiful willows, such as the Salix gracilistyla 'Melanostachys' pictured here, are blooming in the Arboretum's Witt Winter Garden and beyond. In the latest issue of the Arboretum Bulletin, writer and estate gardener Daniel Mount discusses the wild and weedy willows...